Thursday, September 22, 2011

Assignment #4- It's Just Revisions, Not the End of the World


   It's just a first draft not the end of the world! Seriously. Drafts are never perfect especially your first one. But it gives you an opportunity to improve all your mistakes and see how to make it better. I know one fact for sure is that practice makes perfect even if it means you have to write more then one draft. There will be times where you write your first  draft and think its the best thing you ever wrote and then the teacher hands it back and its like a SLAP IN YOUR FACE! It ends up being the worse first draft you ever wrote. True story happened to me but you can't give up and think your a bad writer. Nobody is a bad writer we are each unique by having our own writing styles. So cheer up buddy!
   My final paper looks somewhat different from my first draft. In my first draft I didn't put the outcome of what happened when i submitted my paper to UIC. It left my audience wondering if I ever got accepted. So i decided to fix this by ending my paper with the result of what happened because I know people hate endings that leave them guessing. Right? Well maybe it's me. My final paper is similar to my first draft because I had added so much detail possible when I first wrote it so it was not lacking any details whatsoever. I had reworded some parts and just made it sound better then before. Also I fixed all my mistakes I had.
   I didn't make major revisions to my paper because it all focused on what the topic of story was. The way I organized it was by telling every detail possible of what happened that day and what happened to the paper. Everything was in place for the paper.  
   After revising my paper I learned to catch what my mistakes were. I love revising my papers because I learn what kind of writer I am and what my writing style is. As a writer I tend to go into detail to much sometimes or at times I'll add something that's not really important like something EXTRA. That is something I need to know how to control because when you add something extra to your paper that has nothing to do with your main focus it distracts your audience. 
   Peer review is great for fixing your paper. Peer review guided me to make the revisions I did because my partner was able to point out that I forgot to add the main thing at the end! OMG I can't believe I didn't include it!! Ahh!! But thanks to her I did it!  Also rereading my own paper made me catch all the spelling mistakes I had and details I was lacking. 
   The strongest aspect of my paper has to be the body of the entire essay because it contains much detail possible. It uses metaphors so the audience can visual  exactly how I felt that day. The story goes in order and doesn't leave the reader questioning what happened after? Also it has a humor tone to it so it doesn't sound boring. I don't feel that I had a weak aspect in my paper. The only weak aspect I can say is that it doesn't contain strong vocabulary so it sounds informal but at the same time it's a narrative it isn't suppose to sound formal. Right? Yes I'm right! 
   Rough drafts help you improve as a writer. If you get a bad grade on your first draft it will be okay! It's going to help you improve your paper so you can meet the standards. Remember it's just a first draft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment