Friday, September 9, 2011

Assignment #2- Generating Ideas

I may write about my experiences about my high school years of writing papers. Writing papers during high school helped improve my writing skills. It also thought me to put all my thoughts down on paper. There was a specific teacher who I had my senior year that was very strict. She didn't accept anything that didn't meet her standards. I would write a paper thinking it was an A+ paper and would later get it back with so many mistakes and it brought me down a little bit and made me feel like I was a sucky writer. But then she made me realize I had strong arguments but need to know how to break them down. She showed me not to give up and helped me explore my writing skills more. A con might be that I wouldn't have enough details to support the topic.

Another topic I may write about is when I had to write my college statements for UIC and Loyola. It showed me how to write about myself in a descriptive way and in a short summary to describe what I'm about. I usually don't like bragging about myself or in general writing about myself but these college statement essays opened my eyes and showed me I had so much more skills then I realized I did. The one con that might be applied to this topic is that it wouldn't be interesting for the audience.

The last topic I might write about is when I first when to Barnes and Nobles for a field trip. I discovered that their where so many interesting books that caught my attention. I had brought a series I think it was called THE BABYSITTER. It was a scary novel that made me want to keep reading and reading. It was the first time a book really caught my attention. A con can be that it might get boring and my ideas might be all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment